Harvest is ON for Sat Aug 6

We will begin at first light (6:45-7:00 am) and will go until the grapes are all picked or it gets too hot. If you can pick for the whole morning or even just part of it come on over, we appreciate any help!

You do not have to carry the full buckets, just fill them and leave them in the row. The vines are not prickly so you don't have to wear long sleeves/pants unless you prefer to for sun protection, and a hat is a good idea. There are some fire ants in a few spots so shoes/socks are better than sandals. We have picking shears here but if you have a favorite pair feel free to BYOS. We will have water, Gatorade and snacks available as well as sunscreen and bug spray (we haven’t needed it but it never hurts to be prepared). Some people like to use a stool or chair while picking, bring one along if you wish. Other folks like to flip an empty picking bucket over and sit on it, that’s fine also.

Sauvignon Blanc Tentative Harvest Sat Aug 6

After testing the grapes today and conferring with the winery, the harvest of the Sauvignon Blanc that was scheduled for Wed Aug 3 has been postponed. At this point it has been tentatively rescheduled for Saturday Aug 6. We’ll check the grapes again on Friday morning and as soon as we can coordinate with the winery we will send out confirmation of the day and time. Since it is difficult to accurately predict exactly which day the grapes will be ready we sometimes have to make last minute adjustments. We know that last minute changes can be frustrating, thanks for being flexible :)

Burning Daylight Vineyards Update

Update from Burning Daylight Vineyards (Dave and Missy Gudal):

It’s hard to believe another harvest season is here! The vines broke bud a little early this spring and grew like crazy with all the spring rains, we’ve certainly had our hands full keeping up with them. Fortunately the rains finally quit so we are able to control the water which means that the vines will spend energy on ripening their fruit and not on excessive new growth.

If you helped us pick the Cabernet Franc in 2014 you quite literally picked a winner - we are thrilled to report that in March it won a gold medal at the Texsom International Wine Awards in Dallas (formerly the Dallas Morning News competition) and in June it won a bronze medal at the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition! Unfortunately it has sold out at Lost Oak Winery in Burleson, but if you are going to Fredericksburg they reportedly have it at 4.0 Cellars (see their website at fourpointwine.com). The 2015 Cabernet Franc has just been released for sale at Lost Oak Winery in Burleson (or at lostoakwinery.com) - we haven’t had a chance to get our hands on any yet :0 They also have our 2015 Sauvignon Blanc and Quartet - a fruitier white wine blend which has our Malvasia Bianca and Vermentino grapes in it - very similar to the Quintet from 2014.

2016 Annual Meeting Minutes

Thanks to all who attended, we appreciate your input!

The 2016 Annual Meeting Minutes, 2015 Financial Report, and 2016 Proposed Budget are posted for your review.

The Notice of Assessment will sent via US Mail, the due date is February 1st, 2016.

mins_annual_2016.pdf

financial_report_2015.pdf

proposed_budget2016.pdf

2016 Annual Meeting

Please join us for the Annual Meeting on Tuesday, Jan 12 at 7:00 pm.

WE WILL BE MEETING INDOORS again this year, to avoid suffering through any cold weather :)


Location: In the basement at 8113 Plum Creek Trail (Dave & Missy Gudal). Just follow the flagstone sidewalk at the right side of the house, it will lead you to the lower patio and the basement door.

PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND so that we will have a Quorum.

pz6zhm's picture

Howl-O-Ween

10/31/2015 11:00 am
10/31/2015 2:00 pm
Location: 
Bark Out Loud Doggie Café and Boutique

Hi Neighbors!

2015 Annual Vineyard Heights 4th of July Funky Parade

Hello Neighborhood! Is everybody ready? Its that great time of year again! We finally have sunshine and warm temperatures :). Last year was a really fantastic kickoff to celebrating a great holiday! Lets keep the tradition alive!

* Decorate for the 4th of July your ATV's, lawn mowers, bicycles, kiddo wagons, razors, trailers, anything else? THINK FLASHY AND GAUDY!
* Decorate yourselves ;)
* Meet at the beginning of our neighborhood at 9:15, and parade starts as soon as everyone arrives!
* Load several coolers in the pavilion with ice and waters

May 6 Meeting Summary

A summary of Wednesday night’s meeting is attached (see link below), thanks to all who attended. The Gate Committee was tasked with determining a layout and investigating technology options and costs and their efforts are greatly appreciated.

An entry gate will require a financial investment but also a commitment of time and energy. While much of the technology can be outsourced, even the top-tier packages cannot provide a person on-site around the clock to unlock the gate in case of malfunction or damage therefore it is imperative that we have a team of people willing to take on this task before any further action is taken.

The initial Gate Response Team (GRT) will consist of 3 members for a term of 2 years. If more than 3 members volunteer the term length may be adjusted. It was mentioned on Wednesday night that a phone number could be set up for the GRT that would ring the team members’ phones; this would allow the phone number to remain constant when the team members change and also provide some privacy for the members. For those who travel frequently but would be willing to serve you could be placed on a team with those who have a more consistent schedule. Please email [email protected] if you are willing to be on the team.

Once the GRT has been formed, the Gate Committee will make final technology, cost and policy recommendations to the Board, and a Special Meeting will be scheduled and announced to vote on the required Special Assessment. If no responses are received and the GRT cannot be formed by May 29, 2015 no further action will be taken.

May 6th Gate Q and A

The gate committee has been working diligently to pull together concepts and costs.

We will meet on Wednesday May 6, 2015 at 7:30 pm at the HOA pavilion. A notice was sent via email, it is also listed below.

May6_SpecialMtg_gateQ&A.pdf

Feb 16 2015 Special Meeting Results

Thanks to all who took time to attend.

Results: there were 33 lots represented, 30 votes in favor of the motion (being a gated community) and 3 opposed. The Board will meet shortly to select the Committee and coordinate meeting dates so they can get the ball rolling on finding out specifics.

Syndicate content